At Grove Vale we aim to inspire all children to reach their full academic potential. In mathematics this means ensuring an ambitious curriculum that is fully inclusive of all children which:
- Ensures children at Grove Vale are emerged in a rich and high-quality math curriculum, enabling freedom to be creative.
- Gives children the chance to develop the power of resilience by believing in themselves when being faced with mathematical challenges.
- Encourages children have opportunities to be curious, making connections between mathematical processes and the world around them.
- Develops children as independent learners, having self-drive to be ambitious by being a part of progressing and challenging themselves and not being afraid to take risks.
- Makes sure fluency, problem solving and reasoning is developed sequentially to ensure children have a strong foundation to build upon and can recall facts quicker.
As a result of their learning in mathematics and problem solving across the curriculum children will:
- Show quick recall of mathematical facts and procedures.
- Be engaged in a risk-free math learning environment where
- Confidently and flexibly use, embed and link mathematical skills and processes across a range of contexts and representations, including real life situations.
- See the curriculum drivers are strongly evident within the math provision.
- Take an ambitious responsibility of their own learning, with evidence of independent self-driven learning and challenge.
- Have access to high quality and rich provision for fluency, problem solving and reasoning with mathematical vocabulary rooted in this.